Air travel searches reveal what Americans most want for Christmas
Here’s a summary of some of their findings:
Florida is Flying High!
- Miami, Orlando and Tampa account for 11% of all holiday flight searches in the United States.
- Americans are looking for an escape from the frigid cold in the metropolitan cities of the North and when it comes to a quick, affordable get away, Florida is the place to go.
Top 5 Places New Yorkers are Headed this Holiday Season:
- Miami, FL – 17.54% of New Yorkers are headed to Miami
- Orlando, FL – 6.25% of New Yorkers are headed to Orlando
- Atlanta, GE – 5.07% of New Yorkers are headed to Atlanta
- Chicago, IL – 4.82% of New Yorkers are headed to Chicago
- New Orleans, LA – 4.63% of New Yorkers are headed to NOLA
Top 5 Cities That Are Headed to New York:
- Los Angeles, CA – 8.56% of Los Angeles is headed to New York for the holidays
- Miami, FL – 4.56% of Miami is headed to New York for the holidays
- Houston, TX – 4.38% of Houston is headed to New York for the holidays
- Chicago, IL – 3.71% of Chicago is headed to New York for the holidays
- San Francisco, CA – 3.23% of San Francisco is headed to New York for the holidays
Want to know where Americans are headed this holiday season? What about where are the majority of people visiting your city coming from and where are locals from your city going to escape (ex. where are the majority of Texans flying for the holidays)? What are the most popular destinations for people from Los Angeles, for example? Our map will help you drill down and find out.