Al Tayyar Travel Group launches ‘Tajawal’User role is=
Array (  => contributor )
Guest Writers are not employed, compensated or governed by TD, opinions and statements are from the specific writer directly
Tajawal, the online travel platform of Saudi Arabia’s Al Tayyar Travel Group has exceeded its projected sales target by 30% in the first four months of its operation.
The company has also announced plans to rapidly expand over the next three to five years, plans to make a strong, multi-hundred-million US-Dollar investment push into the online space.
The announcement will be made at Arabian Travel Market (ATM) 2016, following success of tajawal’s beta-testing phase – during which the start-up crossed the US$ one million sales figure in six weeks.
The digital booking engine is confident of hitting sales of a billion dollars in less than five years, with a double-digit month-on-month growth. The company has developed a team from five experts to 80 online and travel professionals. While the beta-testing phase focused on launching their flight product, tajawal is set to launch its hotel booking engine in May, 2016.
“The online travel market offers a multi-billion dollar opportunity that is largely untapped in the region. We aim to fill this gap by creating a travel platform for mobile and web, based on an understanding of localized requirements. We look forward to creating a sustainable and profitable online travel business,” said Muhammad Chbib, founder and CEO, tajawal.
Currently, 75% of tajawal’s sales is generated from the website, while 25% comes from its free mobile applications, available for IOS and Android operating systems in English and Arabic. Saudi Arabian customers account for 65% of the bookings, while remaining 35% originate mostly in the UAE.