Birmingham Airport Gurus launch for agents
Guest Writers are not employed, compensated or governed by TD, opinions and statements are from the specific writer directly
Birmingham Airport officially introduced its expanded travel agent support team to the trade last night under the ‘Airport Gurus’ name.
Tracey Quirk and Stefanie Bowes have joined the airport’s trade relations manager Mandy Haque to form the agency support team, with the aim to help travel agents, tour operators and airline sales teams with advice and enquiries “from the cost of perfume to news updates”. Its Airport Guru concept has the tagline “Enlightenment for the travel trade” and will see the team visit up to 70 travel agents a week on the road, as well as attend trade shows.
Yesterday evening the three gurus met with travel agents and suppliers from the Midlands and handed out prizes at an exclusive event held with Travel Daily Media Group. Speaking at the event, Haque thanked the trade for its support and announced its new website.
“Since I joined Birmingham Airport last year I have appreciated the support we’ve had from the trade but I cannot do it on my own, so I’ve brought in Tracey and Stef to help. We want travel agents, tour operators, business travel bookers and airline sales teams to feel that we are an extension of their business and welcome questions about anything, at any time,” she said. “We felt we needed an identity so that you know who we are; what we stand for and that we are here to support your business”.
Its new trade website, through www.airportgurus.co.uk, will be launched in a few weeks and allows users to post comments and interact with the team, as well as enter competitions and see the latest news. In addition, the gurus have a Facebook page and will send out a ‘Weekly Wisdom’ newsletter each week.
Use the arrows to flick through photos from the evening! Prize winners are listed below the gallery…[imagebrowser id=29]
- Flights to Istanbul with Turkish Airlines; three-nights at the Ottoman Hotel Istanbul from Travelcube and VIP passes at No1 Traveller lounge – Aaron Harris, Click Travel
- A pair of return flights to Paris from KLM AirFrance and No1 Traveller passes – Kelly, Pure Destinations
- A pair of return flights to Berlin with Lufthansa and No1 Traveller passes – Ryan McVinnie from Going Places
- A pair of tickets to any Aston Villa, Stoke City or West Brom game at Emirates Stadium courtesy of Emirates – Matt Palmer from STA Travel
- £150 Love2Shop vouchers from Thomas Cook – Matt Palmer from Co-op
- £100 Love2Shop vouchers from Thomson – Asif from Easyway Travel
- Two pairs of VIP lounge passes from No1 Traveller – Dawn Wingley from STA Travel and Katy Broadbent from Thomson
- £30 Capital Bonds vouchers, goody bag and champagne from Wendy Wu Tours – Jacqueline Bennett from STA Travel
- Champagne and cookies courtesy of United – Alan Leong from United Travel