China approves new airline for Jiangxi

TD Guest Writer

Guest Writers are not employed, compensated or governed by TD, opinions and statements are from the specific writer directly

Jiangxi Airlines will initially operate a fleet of five Boeing 737s
Jiangxi Airlines will initially operate a fleet of five Boeing 737s

Authorities in China have approved the creation of a new airline in the southeastern province of Jiangxi.

Jiangxi Airlines has been given the green light by the Civil Aviation Administration of China (CAAC) to launch on 18 June 2015, from its home base at Changbei International Airport in Nanchang, the capital of Jiangxi province.

The new airline is a joint venture between Xiamen Airlines, which will hold a 60% stake in the venture, and the local state-owned company Jiangxi Aviation Investment Co Ltd, which will hold the remaining 40%.

Xiamen Airlines will initially supply the Jiangxi Airlines with aircraft, pilots and cabin crew. It will launch with a fleet of five Boeing 737s to major Chinese cities including Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, Shenzhen and Chengdu, before expanding its fleet to as many as 30 aircraft by 2020.

China Eastern Airlines and Tianjin Airlines are currently the largest carriers operating at Nanchang Airport.
You might also like

Comments are closed.

Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time