Exploring the Miniature World Experience at Gulliver's Gate in NYC
Gulliver’s Gate, a miniature world experience coming to Times Square, offers an interactive display representing regions of the world and famous landmarks, as well as moving trains, planes, wagons and people of the past and present. Scenes depicted from the world include New York City, Latin America, Middle East, Europe, Russia and Asia. Landmarks include world wonders such as the Hoover Dam, the Parthenon, the Colosseum, the Pyramids, the Panama Canal, the Great Wall of China and many more. The attraction also incorporates a full-body scanner and 3D printer to enable visitors to make miniature versions of themselves that can be taken home as a souvenir, or left behind as a permanent “model citizen” of Gulliver’s Gate.
- Square footage total: 49,000 Sq. Ft.
- Square footage of models:
- NYC: 950 Sq. Ft.
- Middle East: 980 Sq. Ft.
- Europe Mainland: 1291 Sq. Ft.
- Britain: 430 Sq. Ft.
- Niagara: 150 Sq. Ft.
- Russia: 430 Sq. Ft.
- South America: 1216 Sq. Ft.
- Asia: 1400 Sq. Ft.
- All displays are mounted on an HO 1:87 scale, the standard for miniature models. For example, a 6-foot tall person would be represented by an 0.8 inch figure.
- Artisans/Where the Models Came From:
- New York – Made in Brooklyn, New York, by 16 model makers, 358 days to create
- Latin America – Made in Buenos Aires, Argentina, by 15 model makers, 58 days to create
- Middle East – Made in Jerusalem, Israel, by 19 model makers, 124 days to create
- Asia – Made in Beijing, China, by 29 model makers, 178 days to create
- Europe – Made in Rimini, Italy, by 10 model makers, 154 days to create
- Russia – Made in Grand Maket, St. Petersburg Russia, by 26 model makers, 158 days to create
- This is a 50-nation display withe 300 small scale scenes.
- There are more than 1,000 miniature trains, 12,000 wagons, 10,000 cars and trucks.
- The smallest items designed and produced are vases for the bars and free standing coffee machines.
- There are approximately 100,000 people in the entire exhibit
Additionally, Gulliver’s Gate has partnered with Magic Memories, the global leader in capturing, creating and sharing of personalized memories, to allows guests to curate their experiences. This is one of Magic Memories’ first U.S. locations launched since the acquisition of SharpShooter Imaging in September 2016 – its largest acquisition since the company was founded in 1995.