How TA’s can help save the worldUser role is=
Array (  => editor )
Destination management company (DMC) EXO Travel has unveiled its shiny new way for travel agents booking responsible travel and hospitality — giving them the power to help save the planet, just by doing their job.
The company’s new responsible travel rating system has been designed to affect positive change, through travel, and help combat climate change and mass tourism by providing agents with a way for them to assess, view, filter and select tours and experiences when creating holidays and tour itineraries by way of five icons displayed on the listings pages.
Make a difference
Those that were found to be responsible in one or more of these five categories have been given a special denotation to indicate which category they excel at.
The categories are:
- Carbon Friendly – Involves transportation that avoids carbon emissions or compensates carbon emissions through EXO’s voluntary carbon-offset strategy.
- Cultural Knowledge – Emphasis on authentic and respectful exchange of cultural knowledge with local people.
- Social Impact – Supports the purchases of local products and services that directly benefits social businesses
- Make a Difference– Includes direct financial donations benefitting non-profit organisations that aid disadvantaged members of society, promote local arts and culture or protect the environment.
- Local Benefits– No less than 30% of the cost of the tour is given directly back to local people
EXO Travel currently operates in ten destinations in Asia: Vietnam, Myanmar, Cambodia, Laos, Thailand, Indonesia, China, Japan, Malaysia and Singapore.