Beginning in May 2017, The Ritz-Carlton, Half Moon Bay — an elite destination resort located on the dramatic bluffs of the Northern California Coast — will host the Global Cuisine Series, featuring some of the most influential and accomplished chefs in California. For eight weekends starting at the end of May, the crème de le crème of California’s culinary world will present an immersive experience to a select group of guests while highlighting their own fresh take on the cuisine of different regions from around the world.
Each month, Maître Cuisinier de France Xavier Salomon, the hotel’s Executive Chef, has invited a different chef to the property to lead a unique gastronomical adventure. Together with Chef Jason Pringle of the hotel’s Navio restaurant, the visiting chef will helm an exploration of the distinctive global cuisine they have mastered.
The weekend begins with a hands-on cooking class led by the visiting chef, where guests assist in preparing a variety of dishes. Guests will then enjoy the fruits of their labor at a luncheon showcasing their preparations, which will be accompanied by wine pairings from the global destination the cuisine hails from. The visiting chef will also present two dishes on the Navio tasting menu for Saturday night, and will have a dedicated pop-up station at the hotel’s renowned Sunday Brunch.
“The Ritz-Carlton, Half Moon Bay is the rare hotel that considers chef-driven food to be a vital part of their hospitality,” states Chef Salomon. “And considering we have some of the finest culinary talent located right in our own backyard, we thought we’d combine the two and give our guests a culinary experience they’ll never forget.”
SCHEDULE OF VISITING CHEFS FOR THE GLOBAL CUISINE SERIES:
· May 20-21 / Claudia Sandoval, winner of Master Chef Season 6 and author of Claudia’s Cocina: A Taste of Mexico
· June 10-11 / Telmo Faria of Uma Casa, named one of “The Best New Restaurants to Try Now” by San Francisco Magazine
· July 22-23 / Charles Phan of James Beard award-winning The Slanted Door
· August 26-27 / Charles Olalia of RiceBar, a pioneer of innovative Filipino cuisine
· September 23-24 / Evan and Sarah Rich of Rich Table, featured in Condé Nast Traveler’s “3 Hours In San Francisco”
· October 28-29 / Manish Tyagi of August 1 Five, San Francisco’s hottest new Indian restaurant
· November 18-19 / Gerald Hirigoyen of Piperade, James Beard nominee and Maître Cuisinier de France
· December 16-17 / William Werner of Craftsman and Wolves, James Beard finalist for “Outstanding Baker”
The Global Cuisine Series Package is only open to up to 14 guests per month. Guest packages including the exclusive cooking class, the luncheon, and a $100 resort credit start at $950 per night plus applicable taxes and fees. A two-night minimum stay is required.
For further information on the Global Cuisine Series, please visit: http://www.ritzcarlton.com/en/hotels/california/half-moon-bay/dining/global-cuisine-series